Avocado, Arugula, and Tomato Toasts with Easy Balsamic Syrup
- 1-2 Avocados
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1-2 tomatoes
- 3 pieces whole wheat bread
- 1 1/2 cups baby arugula ((maybe less depending on preference))
- Toast your whole wheat bread in the toaster. Mash your avocado (¾ cup).
- In a pan, add your balsamic vinegar over high heat. Let this simmer/boil for about 6 minutes or until it has reduced to about 2 tablespoons and has thickened to a syrup consistency.
- To your mashed avocado, add your garlic powder and season to taste with salt and pepper. To assemble, add one blue of avocado to each piece of toast, top with about ½ cup of arugula (less if you don’t love arugula), a slice or two of tomato (depending on the size of your tomatoes), and drizzle the balsamic syrup over top. Season with black pepper, and you’re good to go!
(Nutrition Per Serving: 186 calories, 12g total fat, 2g saturated fat, 156mg Sodium, 24g carbohydrate, 6g fiber, 6g sugar, 4g protein)