JOIN THE FARM-BASED WELLNESS PROGRAM
The Farm-Based Wellness program is offered every summer. This program educates participants on gardening, exercise, healthy cooking, and nutrition. Families attend the program for two hours each week for up to 16 weeks. Each family also goes home with a big box of locally grown produce from our urban organic farms.
This program is a great way to learn more about which foods are healthy, how to prepare those healthy foods in a tasty way, AND how to grow fresh vegetables yourself!
We prioritize acceptance of participants into the Farm-Based Wellness Program, based on the following:
1. A patient at one of the health centers we work with:
- Fair Haven Community Health Care
- Yale New Haven Saint Raphael Campus
- HAVEN Free Clinic
- Cornell Scott Hill Community Health Center
- Yale Primary Care
2. Have at least one (1) risk factor for diet-related diseases such as heart disease, being overweight, high cholesterol, prediabetes, or diabetes, etc.
3. Live in the greater New Haven area.
If you do not fall within all of these criteria, you may still be eligible to join the program so please apply.
Click here to apply (English)
Haga clic aquí para aplicar (Español)
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (203) 516-7270.