New Haven Farms Executive Director Rebecca Kline is happy to announce that Jacqueline Maisonpierre has begun working for our organization full time, growing food for our 60 farm members and various local restaurants. She comes to us with experience in both large and small-scale sustainable agriculture, environmental education, and working with underserved communities. She is also fluent in Spanish. We are in good hands, and very honored that she has chosen New Haven Farms!
• Create and implement an annual work plan, and planting strategy for our farm sites;
• Manage farm activities, including planting, harvesting, distribution of produce, pest control, and greenhouse construction and maintenance;
• Ensure produce is high quality, consistent, and plentiful;
• Write an annual budget for each farm site;
• Give guidance to the Board of Directors and Executive Director concerning the viability of planting new parcels of land;
• Recruit, train, support, and work with volunteer farmers and program participants;
• Manage material donations and purchase/acquire equipment and supplies for the farm sites.