The Farm-Based Wellness Program is not involved with production of any content of movies on our off-season schedule and does not necessarily promote the ideas and suggestions presented. The movies are meant for educational purposes to provide participants with a different prospective from the common naritive.
The Farm-Based Wellness program is offered every summer. This program educates participants on gardening, exercise, healthy cooking, and nutrition. Families attend the program for two hours each week for up to 16 weeks. Each family also goes home with a big box of locally grown produce from our urban organic farms.
This program is a great way to learn more about which foods are healthy, how to prepare those healthy foods in a tasty way, AND how to grow fresh vegetables yourself!
We prioritize acceptance of participants into the Farm-Based Wellness Program, based on the following:
1. A patient at one of the health centers we work with:
- Fair Haven Community Health Care
- Cornell Scott Hill Community Health Center
- HAVEN Free Clinic
2. Have at least one (1) risk factor for diet-related diseases such as heart disease, being overweight, high cholesterol, prediabetes, or diabetes, etc.
3. Live in the greater New Haven area.
If you do not fall within all of these criteria, you may still be eligible to join the program so please apply.
For more information contact email@example.com or (203) 516-7270.