The Farm-Based Wellness program is offered every summer. This program educates participants on gardening, exercise, healthy cooking, and nutrition. Families attend the program for two hours each week for up to 19 weeks (fewer in 2021). Each family also goes home with a big box of locally grown produce from our farms.
This program is a great way to learn more about which foods are healthy, where to buy healthy foods for an affordable price, how to prepare those healthy foods in a tasty way, AND how to grow fresh vegetables yourself!
We prioritize acceptance of participants into the Farm-Based Wellness Program, based on the following:
1. A patient at one of the health centers we work with:
- Fair Haven Community Health Care
- Yale New Haven Saint Raphael Campus
- HAVEN Free Clinic
- Cornell Scott Hill Community Health Center
- Yale Primary Care
2. Have at least one (1) risk factor for diet-related diseases such as heart disease, being overweight, high cholesterol, prediabetes, or diabetes, etc.
3. Have income at or below 200% of the federal poverty line.
4. Live in the greater New Haven area.
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (203) 516-7270.